Do you wish that you or your students were better able to find, understand, and use scholarly sources? Request an instruction session and our librarians will customize a class to your requirements. More information is available on our About Instruction page.
Tutorials and Learning Objects
Tutorials on a variety of topics are available on our YouTube channel, and librarians are available to create custom learning objects for your classes. Our interactive map of Cooper Library is ready to help visitors find what they need when they need it. Request a tutorial or learning object.
Our librarians have developed short, not-for-credit courses in Canvas that can help with…
- Conducting a Literature Review
- Avoiding Plagiarism for Graduate Students
- Avoiding Plagiarism for Undergraduate Students
- OER Tutorial
We know that finding extra time can be tough, so we offer workshops by demand. If you can spare thirty minutes, we can teach about a research or library topic such as:
- Building a Better Search
- Citation Tools
- Getting the Resources You Need Online
- Google Scholar
- How to Efficiently Read a Scholarly Article
- Intro to Data Management
- Maximize Your Impact
- Open Access 101
- Patent Searching
- Researching & Writing in the Humanities
- Researching & Writing in the Sciences
- Return to Research
- Tech Tools for Researching & Writing
- Who’s Reading Your Research?
- Writing & Conducting an Effective Literature Review
Check the Instruction Calendar for upcoming sessions and email Anne Grant if you have a special request. Please mention in your request if anyone in the session would require accommodations to fully participate.
Research and Course Guides
Our Research and Course Guides are created and maintained by librarians who provide information sources, search suggestions, and other assistance relevant to particular content specialties. Request a research or course guide.