The Clemson Libraries Student Advisory Group develops ideas for creating a better experience for undergraduate and graduate students. They serve as a forum for student ideas, advise the Libraries on issues of student interest, and help promote the Libraries’ programs.
- To provide the opportunity for students to present ideas to enhance the Libraries and make them more student friendly;
- To provide a sounding board for library faculty, staff and administration on strategic directions and changes;
- To suggest and sponsor programming of student interest;
- To identify and raise funds to purchase materials of student choice to enhance the Libraries’ collections and facilities;
- To offer advice on the latest, greatest technologies and suggestions on how the Libraries’ might utilize them;
- To supply marketing advice to the Libraries’ regarding publicity of programs and services to students;
- To act as peer advocates of Clemson Libraries to help share information about the Libraries with students and encourage student use;
- To sponsor small fundraisers to support and improve the Libraries’ collections, services and facilities.
- Advisory Group advisor, appointed by Clemson Libraries
- Interested undergraduate and graduate students
- Dean of Libraries (ex officio)
Two meetings per semester minimum.
Review to take place in one calendar year.