Located in the Clemson Design Center in Charleston, the Clemson Design Center Library (CDCL) is home to 3,200+ books, journals, and DVDs supporting the Clemson University School of Architecture’s Charleston-based design and preservation programs. The growing collection’s strengths are historic preservation; modern and contemporary architecture, design, and design theory; resilient urban design; and local and regional design and building history.
All CDCL holdings are included in the Clemson Libraries catalog. The CDCL is managed as a specialized branch of the Gunnin Architecture Library; please direct collection development questions and requests to School of Architecture liaison librarian Kathy Edwards.
For information about CDCL hours, access, and circulation, or to arrange a visit, contact Library Specialist Ina Bootle.
701 East Bay St
Charleston, SC 29403
The CDCL supports the following degree programs:
- Clemson Architecture Center – Charleston (CAC.C) -MArch, BA
- Historic Preservation – MSHP
- Architecture + Health – MArch
- Resilient Urban Design – MRUD
- Landscape Architecture – LArch
- Architecture + CommunityBUILD – A+CB
- Integrated Path to Architectural Licensure – IPAL