PASCAL Delivers requests are operational once again and courier services will resume today.
Due to Hurricane Florence, PASCAL Delivers patron requesting and courier services will be suspended effective today, Tuesday, September 11 until further notice. If you need an item that Clemson Libraries does not own, please use CU Libraries’ Interlibrary Loan to place your request. If you need any assistance with your PASCAL requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864-656-5186.
Technology items (cameras, tripods, projectors, etc.) have a check-out period of 3 days and can NOT be renewed or extended, even during holidays or breaks including the upcoming Spring Break.
If you’re thinking, “I’ll just turn my stuff in a few days late…” Remember, overdue fees for technology items are $20.00 day and overdue fees for accessories are $5.00 a day. So, it could get real expensive real quick.
The library hours for spring break will be reduced, so pay attention to them and get your stuff back on time.
Have a great break!
We’ve had a report of excessive downloading from Taylor & Francis journals. The publisher immediately suspended access to all off-campus users. They have since cleared the block.
In accordance with procedures agreed upon in early 2016, we have initiated forced, on-campus authentication for all titles from this publisher, effective immediately. We subscribe to over 1000 journals in nearly every discipline from Taylor & Francis.
- You will now be asked to login to view T&F titles while on-campus.
- Any bookmarks will no longer work while on-campus. You’ll need to bookmark them again.
- You should always use the library’s website to access our subscribed/purchased resources.
- Future activity of this nature may cause a user’s CUID to be automatically blocked from using all electronic resources, until we can determine if their ID has been compromised, used illegally, etc.
- Future activity of this nature may suspend access to all Clemson users, and may even result in permanent loss of access to Clemson.
For your convenience, here is the link to our policy on https://libraries.clemson.edu/policies/acceptable-use-of-electronic-resources/.
As the holiday season approaches, please note the following dates in reference to Interlibrary Loan and PASCAL Delivers services.
Monday, December 11 – last day to order books via the PASCAL Catalog
Monday, January 2 – Resume requesting via the PASCAL Catalog
Everyone is welcome to continue making requests for any material they need via their ILLiad account during these times; however, there may be delays in delivery due to the following:
- Mail service across the nation is delayed due to increased volume
- Different universities each have different holiday schedules, which affect their resource sharing processing and campus mail operations
- Many larger institutions from which we borrow material stop lending at the beginning of December and resume at the beginning of January.
We will make a good faith effort to process and procure as much material as we can during this time and will alert you if we are unable to get something until the new year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our chat service has recently expanded throughout the Libraries website!
Chatting with a librarian is easier than ever with our Ask a Librarian service. Just click on the purple “Ask Us” tab located on the right side of almost any page on the library’s site and we’ll be with you shortly.
We can answer short, fact-based questions, provide info about a library service, or direct you to a database to start your research. Sorry, but we cannot answer questions about your personal library account via chat due to privacy concerns. Some questions may require a conversation, and you may be asked to follow up with a phone call or visit to our Library Services Desk.
We’d love to hear about your chat experience! After your chat, please take a moment to rate us from Great to Good to So-So to Bad.
Chat is generally available Monday – Friday from 10am until 5pm and during service desk hours on weekends; if a librarian is not available you will be able to submit your question and we’ll send an email response as soon as we’re back online.
Hey BIOL 3150 students! The bone boxes are back for checkout. We have boxes for upper limbs, lower limbs, cranial, and miscellaneous.
They are on reserve for 2 Hour Library Use Only loan period with no renewals. Since the boxes are very popular and often have a wait list, you can also go to AnatomyTv to study.
Ask for them at the Library Services Desk.
Due to the impact of Hurricane Irma on institutions in the state of South Carolina, PASCAL Delivers service will be suspended beginning tomorrow, Friday, September 8 at noon and will resume on Tuesday, September 12.
If you have any questions, please contact the Resource Sharing Office at email@example.com or call (864) 656-5186.
Welcome back! It’s a brand new semester and we want you know what we can do for you. Here are a few things that will help navigate the library and get your new year started off right.
- Hours: Cooper is back to our 24 hour schedule. We won’t close until Friday night at 8:00pm. Saturday hours are 10:00am until 8:00pm. We’ll open at 10:00am on Sunday and start the 24 hours all over again. The Library Services Desk has slightly different hours as do our other locations; Architecture Library, Education Media Center in Tillman, and Special Collections & Archives (currently located in Cooper due to construction in the Strom Thurmond Institute building).
- Classes: We’ve got some classes coming up this semester that will help you use the library online, find scholarly articles, and learn to do research like a librarian. Some of the classes are here in Cooper and some are online.
- Help: We want to help you achieve and thrive, so we offer lots of ways to ask us for help. You can call, email, text, make an appointment, or just drop by. You can chat with us immediately by clicking on the Ask Us button on the right side of your screen on almost every page of our website.
- Social Media: Use any or all of our social media outlets to stay in touch with us. You’ll find us on Twitter as @clemsonlibrary, on Facebook, and on Instagram.
We can’t wait to see you!