Electronic resources, such as databases and electronic journals or books, are provided by Clemson University Libraries to current students, faculty, and staff for use in activities that support the university’s mission. Contractual license agreements and U.S. Copyright Law govern the access, use, and reproduction of these resources. In addition, use of electronic resources must be in compliance with Clemson University technology-related policies.
Current students, faculty, and staff; library walk-ins.
Permitted Uses and Activities
Permitted uses include activities that are for non-commercial, educational, scholarly, and research purposes, in support of the university’s mission.
Permitted activities include searching, viewing, or browsing the online content of electronic resources, and downloading, saving, and printing limited data for personal, academic use only, in support of the university’s mission.
Prohibited Uses and Actions
Prohibited uses and actions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Any commercial use of electronic resources.
- Any illegal activity.
- Any systematic or large-scale downloading of data, including, but not limited to, eJournal, eBook, or other library-related content.
- Any alteration, modification or re-packaging of the information provided in the electronic resource, including creating a searchable archive for personal or other purposes.
- Facilitating use of access by non-authorized users, including sharing your Clemson Username and Password information. For more information, view the Username and Password Policy.
- Any re-distribution of the information from the electronic resource to un-authorized users, including commercial entities or other groups outside of Clemson University.
- Removing, modifying, or obscuring copyright notices or other notices and disclaimers.
- Any systematic or substantial reproduction of the information provided in the electronic resource.
Violation of Electronic Resource Policy
Unauthorized use of or access to electronic resources may cause Clemson Libraries to lose access to these resources without warning and loss of access may be permanent. Unauthorized use or access may also violate Clemson Computing & Information Technology (CCIT) Acceptable Use policies and will result in disciplinary action by the university.
|Revised:||December 9, 2014|