Business LibrarianPronouns: She/her/hers
864-656-6373 MFUTRAL@clemson.edu Cooper Library 407B
MLIS, University of Southern Mississippi (1997)
BS, University of West Alabama, Early Childhood/Elementary Education (1995)
Subject Librarian AreasAccounting, Business, Legal Studies, Management, Marketing, MBA
Selected Professional Works
- Groff, Jennifer L. and Futral, Meredith (2022) “Patents and Market Research: Librarians Partnering to Assist Bioengineering Senior Design Teams,” Journal of the Patent and Trademark Resource Center Association: Vol. 32, Article 2. Available at: https://tigerprints.clemson.edu/jptrca/vol32/iss1/2
- Futral, Meredith; Farrell, Maggie; Finkle, Diana; Johnson, Amanda; and Reid, Micki, “50th anniversary of R.M. Cooper Library booklet” (2016). Publications. 132. https://tigerprints.clemson.edu/lib_pubs/132
- “Management, Administration, and Human Resources” Futral, Meredith, Peg Tyler, Enrique Diaz, and Cheryl Laguardia. Magazines for Libraries, 16th edition. Bowker: New York. 2007.
- “Management, Administration, and Human Resources” Futral, Meredith and Peg Tyler, Enrique Diaz, and Cheryl Laguardia. Magazines for Libraries, 15th edition. Bowker: New York. 2006.
- “Management, Administration, and Human Resources” Futral, Meredith and Peg Tyler. Magazines for Libraries, 14th edition. Bowker: New York. 2005.
- Futral, Meredith. (2002, Summer). Review of Mississippi River Country Tales: A Celebration of 500 Years of Deep South History, by Jim Fraiser. Mississippi Libraries. p. 61.
- Futral, Meredith. (2002, Summer). My Missionary Experience in Zambia. Mississippi Libraries. pp. 49-51.
- Futral, Meredith. (1997) A Study Analyzing the Universal Themes and Unique Themes in Selected Children’s Literature and How the Unique Themes Related to the Events of the Times Between 1900 to 1905, 1940 to 1945, and 1990 to 1995. M.L.I.S. master’s project, University of Southern Mississippi.
- Groff, J. L. (Presenter), Futral, M. S. (Presenter), SCIENCE LIBRARIANSHIP IN THE TIME OF COVID-19: A Virtual Half Day Conference, “Virtual Market Analysis & Patent Searching Assistance for BioE Senior Design Teams During COVID-19,” Boston Library Consortium’s Science and Engineering Community of Interest, Virtual-Lightning Talk. (August 5, 2020).
- Light Bulb Moment: Services to Entrepreneurs of All Ages, SCLA Pre-conference workshop, co-presented with Jan Comfort, Greenville, SC, 2018
- Special Library Association, Annual Conference, New York, 2003. Panel discussion on the effect of the Enron scandal on accounting and business libraries as well as the AICPA Library Service.