English and Performing Arts LibrarianPronouns: she/her
864-656-0841 firstname.lastname@example.org Cooper Library 501
M.L.I.S., Library and Information Science, The University of Texas at Austin (1997)
M.A. English, University of Georgia (1992)
B.A. English, Davidson University (1989)
Engagement, Subject liaisons / subject specialists, Collection development, Academic libraries, Open access
Subject Librarian AreasEnglish, Performing Arts, Popular Reading & Audiobooks, Rhetorics, Communication & Information Design, Women's Leadership, World Cinema
Selected Professional Works
Presentations & Roundtables
- Cooper, C. C. (2023, January 6). Make your library’s day by making your work OA. In A. Hartsell-Gundy (Moderator), Advocating for library resources [Panel presentation]. Modern Language Association 2023 Conference, San Francisco, CA, United States.
- Cooper, C. C. (2022, July 15). Librarian selecting books for an academic library in the 21st century: Antiquated notion or indispensable engagement? In L. Kuitert (Moderator), Finding the right words: The power of selecting [Panel presentation]. Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing 2022 Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Cooper, C. C. (2022, January 6). The pandemic, academics, and the (not-so) new knowledge economy. In S. Jensen & A. Veprinska (Chairs), Opening up: Exploring alternative access in academia [Panel presentation]. Modern Language Association 2022 Conference, Washington, DC, United States.
- Cooper, C. C. (2018, May 11). Like, reply and buy: Using Facebook to develop collections and community. In Academic Libraries-Focused [Panel presentation], Transforming Librarians Through Technology Conference, University of South Carolina-Upstate, Spartanburg, SC, United States.
- Cooper, C. C. (2017, November 10). Like, reply and buy: Using social media as a collection development tool. In B. Hollandsworth (Moderator), Innovation Lightning Round 1 [Panel presentation], Charleston Conference 2017, Charleston, SC, United States.
- Grant, A. M., & Cooper, C. C. (2016, October 31). Adventures in framework assessment. Association of Research Libraries Library Assessment Conference 2016, Arlington, VA, United States.
- Cooper, C. C., & Sheffield, K. M. (2015, March 26). Sounds like a (data management) plan: Helping faculty handle their data [Roundtable]. Association of College and Research Libraries Conference 2015, Portland, OR, United States.
- Grant, A. M., & Cooper, C. C. (2017). Adventures in framework assessment. In Baughman, S., Hiller, S., Monroe, K., & Pappalardo, A. (Eds.), Proceedings of the 2016 library assessment conference: Building effective, sustainable, practical assessment (pp. 112-116). Association of Research Libraries.
- Cooper, C. C. (2019, June 22). Like, reply and buy: Using Facebook to develop collections and community [Poster session]. American Library Association Annual Conference, Washington, DC, United States.
- Cooper, C. C. (2011, June 26). Good vibrations: The Midweek Music program at Clemson University [Poster session]. American Library Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, United States.