Associate Dean, Collections and DiscoveryPronouns: she/her/hers
864-656-1114 email@example.com Library Depot 102M
EdD, Higher Education Leadership and Practice, University of North Georgia (2021).
MLIS, Valdosta State University (2012).
BA, Art History and International Studies, Oglethorpe University (2006).
Higher education leadership, Finance in higher education
Selected Professional Works
- Turner, A., & Jacobs, B. (2022). Presidential leadership of UNG: Building partnerships to advance the success of students and North Georgia communities. In K.R. Adams, M. Lanford & J. Mayernick (Eds.), The University of North Georgia: 150 Years of Leadership and Vision. Dahlonega: UNG Press.
- Kim, H. K., & Turner, A. (2022). Establishing a positive training culture. In M. Givens & S. Slutskaya (Eds.), Transforming Technical Services Through Training and Development. Chicago: ALA.
- Turner, A. (2021). The lived experience of women presidents within the boundaryless career perspective [Unpublished doctoral dissertation]. University of North Georgia.
- Turner, A. (2019). Google Forms for library technical services. Computers in Libraries, 39(7).
- Turner, A., & Murphy, A. (2017). Library undergraduate research award: Collaborating across campus. In M. K. Hensley & S. Davis-Kahl (Eds.), Undergraduate Research and the Academic Librarian: Case Studies & Best Practices . Chicago: ACRL.
- Turner, A. (2017). Encyclopedia Iranica. CC Advisor. Retrieved from http://www.ccadvisor.org/review/10.5260/CCA.199378
- Turner, A. (2016). Establishing batch processes for e-books. Technical Services Quarterly, 33(2). http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07317131.2016.1134996
- Turner, A. (2015). Implementation of batch cataloging: A case study. In D. Mueller. Creating Sustainable Community: The Proceedings of the ACRL 2015 Conference, March 25–28, Portland, Oregon. Paper presented at ACRL 2015 Conference: Creating Sustainable Community, Portland (303-315). Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/conferences/confsandpreconfs/2015/Turner.pdf
- “GAWHE Fellows Mentoring Program: A Pilot Coaching Experience to Cultivate Women Leaders in Higher Education and Build a Network of Sponsors”, with Dr. Rosaria Meek, American Council on Education Women’s Leadership Conference, 2022.
- “Reflections from Presidents: Preparing Future Women Leaders of Higher Education”, Georgia Association of Women in Higher Education Conference, 2022.
- “Leading a Library Department Through Organizational Change”, with Hyun Chu Kim, The Exchange Conference: An ALCTS/LITA/LLAMA Collaboration, 2020
- “Leading a Middle Management Program for Women in Academic Librarianship”, with Dr. Linda Marie Golian-Lui, Georgia Association for Women in Higher Education Conference, 2020.
- “GLA Academic Library Division Panel Discussion on Publishing Professional Works”, Georgia Libraries Conference, 2019.
- “Advocacy for Technical Services in the 21st Century”, Georgia Libraries Conference, 2018.
- “Finding Our Strengths”, with Rosemary Humphrey, Georgia Libraries Conference, 2018.
- “Adapting Cataloging Workflows to a Batch Processing Environment”, with Ethan Fenichel and Susan Wynne, ALCTS E-Forum, 2017
- “Implementation of Batch Cataloging: A Case Study”, Association of College and Research Libraries, 2015.
- “Establishing Batch Processes”, Georgia COMO Conference, 2015.
- “Cataloger Life Hacks”, with Carey Huddlestun, Sandra Barclay, and Hyun Chu Kim, Georgia COMO Conference, 2015.
- “Build Organizational Sustainability and Resilience in the Journey of ILS”, with Jin Xiu Guo, Sandra Barclay, Li Chen, Jennifer Young, Lesley Brown, Hyun
Chu Kim, and Jay Nicolletta, Georgia COMO Conference, 2015.
- “Practical Outreach: Best Practices for Engaging Your Community”, with Lindsey Cronk and Melissa Perez, ALA Annual Conference, 2014.
- “Simplifying the URL-Checking Process in Voyager”, with Hyun Chu Kim and Sandra Barclay, Georgia COMO Conference, 2014.
- “iLibraries: Maintaining Relevancy in a Mobile World”, Georgia COMO Conference, 2013.
- “Practical Outreach: Best Practices for Engaging Your Community”, with Lindsey Cronk, Melissa Perez, and Benji Barton, Georgia COMO Conference, 2013
- “Implementation Decisions for Social Tagging in Library Catalogs”, Georgia COMO Conference, 2012.