Cooper Library Event Space Policy
As part of the libraries’ mission of providing innovative and inclusive collections, programs, services, and technologies that support University goals and information needs, selected spaces in Cooper Library are available for events sponsored by Clemson University (CU) faculty/staff, departments, colleges and officially recognized organizations. Offering event space is a secondary activity and the same range of services and equipment may not be available as from a dedicated event venue.
When requesting event space, be aware of the following guidelines:
- Maintaining an environment conducive to study and research is our priority. The library reserves the right to refuse events if the event may be a significant disruption to patrons.
- The library may not be able to accommodate reservation requests made less than 5 business days in advance.
- Spaces are available for one-time events, not for extended scheduling or regularly repeating class sessions or meetings.
- Proof of public performance rights is required for events involving screening of a film or video.
- Library related or sponsored events take precedent over other events.
- Each space is unique and may have differing amenities and availability.