We have a number of building projects taking place in Cooper Library during the next week and are excited to share them.
Third Floor Hallway Door Project:
- University Facilities has asked to start on the project to replace the third floor service hallway double doors (in the elevator foyer) beginning Thursday March 12, 2020. In summary, the doors will be replaced (with a view panel) and will be equipped with a card reader. This entrance is not for student use.
Main Entrance Doors & main staircase doors:
- University Facilities and a contractor are installing center mullions and new crash bars on the entrance doors. Code requirements for Cooper are such (occupancy codes) that the entrance doors must swing out in case of an evacuation. Doors will be equipped with a pull handle (from the exterior). Third floor main staircase doors will have a held-open magnet (which releases when fire pull station is activated).
Fourth floor gender neutral bathroom renovation:
- The two single units on 4th floor will be closed for renovation beginning Saturday, March 14, 2020. The hallway itself will be closed; however the GIS classroom will be accessible through the GIS Lab. This project may take two weeks to complete.
- CCIT is upgrading the wireless and network in Cooper but are working after the building closes.
- PA system will be finished next week.