Love data? Come check out the events happening in the Scholars’ Lab in room 413 of the R.M. Cooper Library for Love Data Week, Feb. 14-18. The theme of the week is “Data is for Everyone,” and the Scholars’ Lab is open to assist with data visualization for people of all skill levels in any discipline.
Love Data Week events:
- Monday, Feb. 14, 11: 30 a.m. — “Don’t be a Data Liar! Using Data Visualization for Good, Not for Evil” with Dr. John Tripp
- Tuesday, Feb. 15, 1 p.m. — Data Cleaning in Excel online workshop with Kay P Maye
- Wednesday, Feb. 16, 11 a.m. — Library Resources for Data Intensive Projects with Emily Smith and Amanda McLeod
- Wednesday, Feb. 16, 6 p.m. — Data Jeopardy! with Megan Palmer
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 1 p.m. — Data Careers Panel online
- Friday, Feb. 18, 11 a.m. — Data Visualization Showcase & Awards
There is also a Data Viz Contest this week for all skills levels, with the grand prize of a $50 Amazon gift card.
For more information, contact Megan Sheffield at email@example.com.