Welcome to Clemson Libraries! This fall semester will be unlike any in Clemson’s history. In responding to the challenges with which we are faced, the Libraries are committed to ensuring that, whether you visit us on campus or are teaching or learning online, you’ll have access to the high-quality collections and services you require to be successful.
During the first four weeks of the fall 2020 semester, we’ll continue to provide most of our services online. Using our newly enhanced web site, you can browse and access our digital collections, which we are expanding to provide more ebooks and streaming media, view guides and e-reserve materials for courses, ask a librarian for assistance or set up a research consultation via chat, text or Zoom, or take a virtual instruction session where you can learn more about our collections and services or how to create a professional graphic or video. For more information, please visit our “Library Services for Online Learning” page (https://clemson.libguides.com/onlinelearning).
You can also request materials from our print collection and from other libraries through interlibrary loan and use our new curbside pickup service at Cooper during designated times (https://libraries.clemson.edu/news/curbside-pickup-and-home-delivery/), or we’ll mail them to you if you live farther away. You can also check out technology using this service.
The Libraries will be open to support you in person starting September 21. There will be several changes to our operations to safeguard both your health as well as that of our employees.
- Face coverings will be required in all our locations.
- Hours will be reduced to allow our facilities to be deep cleaned daily.
- Only current CU students, faculty and staff will be able to access Libraries facilities.
- We encourage you to request books and other circulating items ahead of time and pick them up at the building entrance. Some of our stacks will not be open for browsing.
- The distinctive collections in our Special Collections and Archives will be available by appointment Monday – Friday, 9am – Noon and 1 – 4pm.
- As we have had to reduce the number of seats in our buildings to ensure physical distance, you will need to book a seat. Seats can be booked online and are checked out for two hours.
- The number of people allowed in each facility will be limited to those who have a class, have booked a seat, or have an appointment. Real-time building capacity information will be available on the my.Clemson app and at the Cooper entrance.
- We have removed public computers in order to reduce crowding and minimize surfaces that require cleaning. Please plan to bring your laptop or other technologies to use.
- Library instruction will be provided online. Research assistance will also be available online, though you can make an appointment to meet a librarian or archivist in person.
- We’ve added security personnel to ensure compliance with campus physical distancing requirements.
- If you aren’t feeling well, stay home and take advantage of the Libraries’ digital collections and services.
For specific hours and more information on these and other changes, please visit https://libraries.clemson.edu/fall-reopening/ .
Clemson Libraries’ faculty and staff wish you a happy and productive fall semester and look forward to assisting you both virtually or in person. Stay safe and be well!