Clemson Libraries seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented Systems Librarian with exemplary communications skills and a team-building mindset to join our growing organization. The Systems Librarian serves as the technical lead in the oversight, management, and optimization of Clemson’s library services platform, which includes Ex Libris’ Alma, Primo VE, and Leganto. The Systems Librarian administers remote authentication systems, currently EZProxy, and integrates other platforms, such as ILLiad, GOBI, and OCL, with the library services platform to deliver streamlined services. The Systems Librarian contributes to other technology projects within the Digital Strategies department to improve critical library services. This position coordinates with faculty and staff across the libraries and university to enhance resource discovery, establish or improve workflows, and deliver training and documentation related to systems.
- An ALA-accredited graduate degree in librarianship or a relevant accredited graduate degree in another scholarly field as deemed appropriate by the Libraries.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience providing direct support and management of a library services platform in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, oral and written communication, and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience supporting applications within the Ex Libris library services platform (Alma, Primo VE, and/or Leganto)
- Experience with EZProxy or OpenAthens.
- Experience with Shibboleth and SAML authentication protocols.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of cataloging, metadata, acquisitions, and e-resources processes and techniques, and familiarity with basic cataloging standards.
- Experience working in a consortial environment with a shared library services platform.
- An active awareness of new technologies and the impact they have on a rapidly changing library technology landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment of collegiality, respect, trust, and teamwork.
Applicants should submit applications and related materials through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/113747 by October 14, 2022. Required materials include a cover letter, professional curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
Clemson University Libraries seeks to best serve our community through creating a welcoming environment in which diverse ideas and perspectives come together to achieve common goals. We are committed to the practice of inclusion as it is essential to the continued success not only of Clemson University but of the library and information science profession. We embrace Clemson’s core values of integrity, honesty, and respect, and add to those the ideals of compassion, dignity, and historical awareness so that Clemson Libraries’ staff, collections, spaces, and services inform the interest, information, and enlightenment of all who we serve.