- Hours of operations will be 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. with appointments
- Enhanced virtual reference will continue through the fall semester
- In-person research will be by appointment only for Clemson University faculty, students, and staff. For non-university researchers, a case-by-case determination will be made by the Head of Special Collections.
- Only 3 researchers are allowed in the research room at any time
- All researchers must adhere to the university guidelines that currently include:
- Face masks required at all time
- Social distancing of 6 feet
- Sanitize hands when entering the Research Room. If they prefer, the option to wash their hands prior to using the materials will be allowed.
- Researchers will be encouraged to use their phones instead of the public scanners.
Pre-visit: Research Consultations and Appointment Scheduling
- To submit a research request, please contact the Special Collections and Archives at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- What topic are you researching?
- What information do you want to find?
- A preliminary list of collections/items do you wish to consult/access? If possible, please provide the title, call number, or any other information relating to your request.
- Appointment will be confirmed after a scheduled consultation with a designated archivist 48-72 hours in advance.
- Consultations will be via Zoom or phone
- Consultation will be used to determine if request can be completed remotely first.
- When onsite research is needed, one or more appointment slots will be reserved for them. Appointments will be for 1 hour minimum (9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Researchers may schedule consecutive sessions but will be required to leave the research room from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. to allow staff to disinfect high-touch areas.
- Email confirmation will be sent to the researcher with the following information:
- appointment day and time
- listing of collections/items that will be researched
- Use and COVID guidelines
- Fillable patron registration form to be completed and returned before appointment if possible
- Reminder to have picture id
During the Visit
- All researchers with a confirmed appointment will be required to comply with all safety and security guidelines established by the Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, and Clemson University
- Self-assessment completed before arrival on campus
- Failure to comply will result in the immediate termination of the appointment and the researcher will need to leave the area.
- If the researcher is not feeling well or unable to keep the appointment, please respect everyone’s safety and contact our staff to cancel or reschedule.