Any Clemson University staff or faculty member, or any student with a disability may authorize another individual to use his or her library card. Those who are so designated will be proxy borrowers and may pick up materials that are reserved for the faculty/staff member or student for whose account they are a proxy.
Patrons eligible for proxy borrowing privileges include: any Clemson University staff or faculty member, any Clemson University student, and family members of Clemson University staff, faculty, or students.
- Items available for pickup include PASCAL items, Interlibrary Loan items, and materials that are part of the Clemson Libraries collection.
- Faculty/staff and students who authorize another individual for proxy are responsible for any item picked up by that proxy. This includes: responding to overdue or recall notices, returning or renewing materials on time, and paying replacement bills for any lost or damaged item.
- The period of proxy authorization may be any length of time up to one year, and may be renewed annually upon request. Requests can be made online. An email confirmation of proxy privileges will be sent to the requesting faculty/staff member or student when the request is processed.
- Proxy privileges may be revoked at any time. Privileges may be revoked in person at any library branch desk, over the phone, or by email at the following address: email@example.com. An email confirmation of revoked privileges will be sent to the requesting faculty/staff member or student when the request is processed.
- Proxy borrowers must inform library branch desks that they are authorized to pick up items as proxy at the time of checkout. An ID will be required.
|Updated & finalized through Public Services Council||May 26, 2015|