September 24 is National Punctuation Day, a “celebration of the lowly comma, correctly used quotation marks, and other proper uses of periods, semicolons, and the ever-mysterious ellipsis.”
Want to use punctuation correctly?
Start with a search English language punctuation guides in our catalog. We have a bunch–here’s a few.
- Briefest English Grammar and Punctuation Guide Ever! (eBook)
- The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation (eBook)
- Punctuation Takes a Vacation (children’s book)
- The Writing Center on campus can help you with punctuation and other questions about writing.
- What is the Oxford Comma? from Oxford Dictionaries Online
- Check out our guide on different citation styles
And some (entertaining) examples of not-so-correct usage: