In response to the Governor’s order, and to protect both your health and safety and that of our employees, Clemson Libraries facilities, including Cooper Library, Gunnin, the Educational Media Center, Special Collections and Archives, and our collection in Charleston, will be closed to the public until May 8.
The following changes related to access to the Libraries collections and services will be put into place until we reopen:
- Technology checkout is suspended. All associated fees will be waived.
- Bookdrops are closed and autorenewals have been set up for all items.
- PASCAL and ASERL materials delivery is suspended.
- Physical material borrowing through ILL is suspended. We’ll still get anything you need electronically, however.
- We’re still determining if and how we will offer access to the physical collections in our libraries.
- Special Collections and Archives is providing remote reference service for materials in our collection. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 864-656-3031. Many archival University publications such as The Tiger and Taps yearbooks are available online through Tiger Prints. Many historical campus images are available online through the Digital Collections website.
- For department personnel, Records Management will fill high priority records requests. Please submit your request to https://libraries.clemson.edu/services/records-management/records-request-form/ If you have any questions, contact LIB_RECMGMT-L@nullLISTS.CLEMSON.EDU
- We’re expanding our email, chat, and text reference service into the evening – 9am-10pm Mon-Thurs; 9am-6pm Friday; 10am-6pm Saturday; Sun 1pm-10pm.
Online materials remain available 24/7. In fact, due to the virus many companies are providing even greater access to their ebook, online journal and streaming media collections. You can also schedule a research consultation or instruction for your students with a librarian online. Email the librarian for your discipline – https://libraries.clemson.edu/research/subject-librarians/. We are happy to assist in putting materials on course reserve, and we will continue to support researchers who have questions related to our Special Collections and Archives.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. While it may be at a distance, we look forward to serving you.