Library Instruction & Research Support
Kathy Edwards, subject liaison for all Lee Hall programs, provides in-class, subject-specific instruction customized to your course projects & assignments. (One week’s advance notice works best.) Instruction can be short or long (30 minutes to 1 hour+) depending on your objectives, helping your students to:
- Formulate a research question, explore & identify the best resources for the topic, and plan a search strategy.
- Identify and locate design precedents and case studies, building type resources, images, and building or site plans/sections/elevations.
- Plan and execute literature reviews and conduct thesis research.
- Find what they need using ARTstor Digital Library, art/architecture/planning and other relevant databases, and the Libraries catalog.
- Get best use out of RefWorks citation management software .
- Identify other relevant avenues to the stuff they need.
Also contact your librarian for:
- Research support for faculty projects and publications.
- Resource gathering for studio projects and course assignments.
- Materials requests in support of your teaching and research needs.
Drop by Lee Hall 2-112, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 5 pm, email, or call 864.656.4289. Appointments encouraged!
Paula Smith handles faculty requests to have print materials or media reserved for your course in the Gunnin Library. Use the online Reserves Request form on the Libraries website or the paper form available in the Gunnin Library to submit your requests.
**Please do not pull the items from the shelves or check them out yourself–a list is sufficient.**
It can take up to one week to get reserved materials in place on the Reserves shelf, and significantly longer if an item is already checked out to someone. Please time your requests and assignments accordingly.
Reserves requests are handled on a first-come-first-served basis, and may include materials from any branch of Clemson Libraries (except Special Collections), or an instructor’s own originals (books, journals, DVDs, etc.).
Once processed, Course Reserves materials are shelved on the Gunnin’s Reserves shelf on the main level and arranged alphabetically by instructor’s name.
For information on how to set up e-Reserves linked to your online course page, see the Libraries’ Reserving Materials page.
Proxy Cards for Research & Teaching Assistants
You can authorize your research or teaching assistant to check out materials in your name by requesting a proxy card for the student via the request form linked below. As the proxy sponsor, you are responsible for all material checked out using the proxy card and will be billed for any material charged to the proxy card and not returned.